Meditation is a process of calming the mind to a state of thoughtful awareness.
Our minds are highly active and we skip, consciously or unconsciously, from thought to thought to thought. Meditation helps us obtain a state of focused, yet alert relaxation. A state of being fully present in the moment, with no thoughts of the past or the future. This state of focused relaxation offers many health benefits such as reduced stress, increased creativity and improved immune systems.
Articles on Benefits of Meditation
- 10 Science-Based Reasons to Start Meditating Today
- 8 Weeks to a Better Brain
- Doctor's Orders: 20 Minutes Of Meditation Twice a Day
- Does Meditation Have Benefits for Mind and Body?
- Harvard Yoga Scientists Find Proof of Meditation Benefit
- Increased Theta and Alpha EEG Activity During Nondirective Meditation
- Meditation: A Simple, Fast Way to Reduce Stress
- Mindfulness Meditation May Ease Anxiety, Mental Stress
- Mindfulness Training Helps Lower Blood Pressure
- Taking a Closer Look at Health Benefits of Meditation